Niskavaara or Harjala Family

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
malm1313

Niskavaara or Harjala Family

Viesti Kirjoittaja malm1313 » 04.02.2011 23:45

Hello,
I am searching for any information I can find on the Niskavaara or Harjala families in Finland. My husbands grandmother was Lucille Harjala, but from what I understand her birth name was Niskavaara not Harjala. A name change by her grandfather during a war resulted in the difference in the last name. Lucille's father was Matti Josphsson Niskavaara born in 1859 in Pudasjarvi, Finland. He came to America and settled in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Lucille, his daughter was the only child born in Michigan, the rest were born in Finland. Matti's wife died shortly after Lucille was born. I believe her name was Brita Manninen born in 1863 in Taivalkoski, Finland. Again, I got some information from Hiski and the Finlander Forum. I have an image sent to me by a relative in Finland that show's some of the family. I am unable to attach it to this. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Lori Malmstrom

johnson

Re: Niskavaara or Harjala Family

Viesti Kirjoittaja johnson » 13.02.2011 02:55

Hi Lori

My ex-father-in-law had lineage in the Harjala/Niskvaara family. I have collected quite a bit of info about them. I can send you whatever I have

Regards
Steve Johnson

malm1313

Re: Niskavaara or Harjala Family

Viesti Kirjoittaja malm1313 » 13.02.2011 04:03

I would love it if you could send me what ever you have. I am having a heck of a time finding anything. You can send it to me at malm1313@aol.com or through this site. :D

Thank you,
Lori

Vastaa Viestiin