Land Maps -Link-Kotajärvi and Maaninka

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
Katie

Land Maps -Link-Kotajärvi and Maaninka

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 18.11.2015 09:34

I'm lost. I was in Digiarkiston looking for land maps of ancestorial farms and need some directional help and maybe a photo of the map/s. I did have help a while ago on my father's family but I got lost in other searches and am now struggling to get back on track with land map researching.

From what I can determine there is a farm named after my ancestors. I can't find the land maps. Here is what I know.
Johan Pehrsson Kotajärvi - Born: 22 May 1817 • Storby, Kotajarvi 16, Kemijarvi, Lappi, Finland
His father was: Pehr Laurinpk Kotajärfvi - Born: 05 Dec 1776 • Kotajärfvi farm, Storby 16, Kemijarvi, Lappi, Finland
I would be interested in viewing a map of the farm land and where it was located and an example of the link to get to the map as there may be more Kotajärvi ancestors that lived here as well.

In addition I am interested in Johan's wife's (Valpuri Maaninka) farm. He traveled from Kemijarvi as a young man and relocated on the Maaninka farm where he would marry the eldest daughter and take on the Maaninka name.
Her name is Valpuri Pekantytar Maaninka - Born: Birth 30 OCT 1828 • Alakitka, 22, Kuusamo, Oulu, Finland and also died on this farm in 1890.
Her father's name was Pehr Andrss Maaninka - Born: 20 JAN 1796 • Alakitka, Kuusamo, Oulu, Finland. I believe this may be Alakitka 22, Kuusamo though I may be wrong. He died 1877 in Alakitka.
I would be interested in viewing a map of the farm land and where it was located and an example of the link to get to the map.

One last question - and I have a feeling you will be hearing from me more about these maps in the future. Do you know of any historical books of land maps in Central Finland and Lapland.
I'm sure it won't take you long to find these maps, it would take me months.
Thanks You
Janice

Katie

Re: Land Maps -Link-Kotajärvi and Maaninka

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 31.01.2016 08:48

Could someone please check on these two farms and see if there is a link that I can look up parents, children, etc.
They are Kotajärfvi Farm possible in Storby or maybe even in Nederby Kemijarvi. I'm interested in early 1700's to 1800's. I have a lot of relatives from this area and would like to see if I have all of them listed which I doubt that I have. All I need is a link address for records in Nederby Kemijärvi or Storby Kemijärvi for the Kotajärfvi or Kotajävi and also Maaninka family.
I have been looking in http://digi.narc.fi/digi/search.ka

Thank you
Please advise.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin