Hannu Krankka

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
Katie

Hannu Krankka

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 11.01.2018 23:59

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannu_Krankka
The above link is an article about an ancestor and from my research he comes from Germany. This Wiki article seems to relate to an uprising of peasants in the 1590's and there seems to be a statue to this man in Limigan in Oulu provice. Can you review the article and tell me what would the reason be for Germans to migrate up to Sweden/Finland. I have found reference to a civil war in 1597 and am curious if this Hannu Krankka was a soldier in that war ?
Thank You
Janice

Marinka

Re: Hannu Krankka

Viesti Kirjoittaja Marinka » 12.01.2018 23:17

According to this article Hannu Krankka (Hans Kranck) was one of the rebel leaders during the rebel called Nuijasota (war) agains Swedish lead in Finland. Hannu was origin from Liminka (Limingo in swedish). His father was Eerik Pietarinpoika (Erick Petersson) known died 1579. Their home was one of the biggest farm in Alapää village in Liminka. Father and son both partcipated in several wars against russians. Hannu Krankka was elegted to be troup leader of farmers during that rebel in 1595. He was prisoned in Turku and released in1597. He wrote a sory about the rebel (war) in swedish and he was called general.

In the article was nothing about their origin outside Liminka.

Katie

Re: Hannu Krankka

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 13.01.2018 05:43

Marinka, Thank you so much for getting back to me about Hannu. It's most interesting and I appreciate you taking the time to research and translate for me about the war.
Have a great weekend.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin