Translations

Täällä voi kysyä apua epäselvien tekstien tulkitsemiseen.
Katie

Translations

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 27.04.2013 05:17

Maybe you can help as you are in the business of translating information. I have a lot of old family documents that I have stored in my computer as photos. Normally I type in the Finnish text, sentence by sentence etc. into a translator to get the English version. I have read that there is software that can do the translation for me by simply copying and pasting into the translation software. I have tried a couple of sample softwares but was unable because the documents in my computer are scanned as photo's and the copy option doesn't work. I have a number of old family stories that are typed and scanned into my computer and it's tough typing paragraph after paragraph of the Finnish to get an English translation.
Can you give me any direction on how I can accomplish a copy/paste process via translation software. Do you know of any software that I may be interested in. Any information you can pass on to me would be greatly appreciated. If I had to have professional translators do it that would be too costly for my budget.
Thank you so much.
Janice

sandspe

Re: Translations

Viesti Kirjoittaja sandspe » 27.04.2013 09:13

If your images have originally been typed, not hand writter, You could try some OCR software that could convert your image into text format. Some of them are quite good, some not so.
Here is a link to first I found by typing OCR Software to google, there are a lot of others too.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-5-free ... o-text-nb/

Then you could copy/paste the text into one of the translators found in the web.

Regards
Peter

Katie

Re: Translations

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 27.04.2013 20:14

Thank You so much for your reply. I looked at it briefly and saw 'copy text from picture' and that is exactly what type of software I am looking for.
Thank You, Thank You.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin