Need help in translation of the text of 1744

Täällä voi kysyä apua epäselvien tekstien tulkitsemiseen.
Arcobaleno

Need help in translation of the text of 1744

Viesti Kirjoittaja Arcobaleno » 07.10.2017 15:44

Hello!

I found this document about Toliander and I need help in translation into English. http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=22962312
The beginning of the text on the previous page: http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=22962311

I can read only the names and surnames...
Thank you to everyone who responds!

Olga
I will help you to read Russian text.
You don't have to pay for it. In return, I will ask you to decipher for me the text is in Swedish. I have many ancestors in Finland and I need help in reading old texts in Swedish. We can do a barter.
Contact me!

marhaminta

Re: Need help in translation of the text of 1744

Viesti Kirjoittaja marhaminta » 10.10.2017 16:20

This document seems to be some sort of investigation about Johan Tolljander, probably for a border crossing permit (?). There has been some correspondence between authorities. Relatives and local people have been interviewed in order to find out facts about Johan:

Johan Tolljander was born at Tohmajärvi, Kemie (Kämiä) village. In 1744 he was 25 years old and his mother Anna Stille lived in Tohmajärvi as late chaplain Morten Tolljanders widow. Because of the poverty Johan had to seek opportunities somewhere else. In 1732 Johan followed his siblings Brita, Anna and Gustav to St. Petersburg with official travelling documents signed by the governor. In St. Petersburg Johan first lived with his sister Brita until he started working. His first employer in St. P. was a chamberlain. Both sisters were in Princess Anna´s service.

Arcobaleno

Re: Need help in translation of the text of 1744

Viesti Kirjoittaja Arcobaleno » 10.10.2017 16:55

Marhaminta,

Thank you very much for the help!

Olga
I will help you to read Russian text.
You don't have to pay for it. In return, I will ask you to decipher for me the text is in Swedish. I have many ancestors in Finland and I need help in reading old texts in Swedish. We can do a barter.
Contact me!

Vastaa Viestiin