Translation of cause of death

Tänne voit lähettää sukututkimukseen liittyviä kysymyksiä, henkilöhakuja, linkkivinkkejä ja muuta sellaista.
Katie

Translation of cause of death

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 22.02.2012 09:07

In a Hiski record I found a cause of death for a 68year old woman to be mod.pass. Can you please tell me what this means
Thank You
Janice

keijo_h

Re: Translation of cause of death

Viesti Kirjoittaja keijo_h » 22.02.2012 09:54

Hi,
mod.pass is an abbrebiation of "moderpassion" in Swedish. This cause of death appears hundreds of times in HISKI. A correct interpretation has been discussed several times in different fora, and there seems to be several possibilities. Here you find one of those discussions, in English.

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/t ... 1104427611

Katie

Re: Translation of cause of death

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 22.02.2012 22:24

Thank You, Keijo for giving me the link to my question. I can see why you did not want to type it out. Oddly enough, this was the first time I have come across this cause of death. It is going to be odd to come up with an actual end life happening for this lady. I'll have more 'may have died from' descriptions, or perhaps I'll just pass the link along and leave it for future generations to come to a conclusion. This is one for the books, as they say.
Thank You again, Keijo for your help. I appreciate the time you invested in getting me an answer.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin